How do you know what type of content is really going to attract the right searchers?In this article I wanted to cover a few very basic tips that you can keep in mind when building high-performance strategies. Remember that good search engine marketing is not about trying to manipulate or “fool the search engines.” Good SEO skills are more about creating genuine relevancy for well-written content that deserves to be found because it is truly the most relevant and useful to your audience of readers.
What students quickly discover in the 5-Day classes is that the optimization skills are not nearly as hard as many people make them out to be (even for the most competitive phrases,) once you’ve been trained and understand the full scope of influences that are at work. The biggest advantage that we have had is all about the “accuracy of information.”
This PR update is about to end . and I observer that google has been too generous comparing to last updates .
Even some directories which was panalized got some good rankings like AvivaDirectory (pr4) .
and about 80% of the site have increased their PR . Seems like google is using the old algorithms .
but instead of that we find many site which lost their PR . like usual .
I would like to know what do you think about this Update
The search engines play a crucial role in sending traffic to your website. In fact most of the websites depend on the search engines for their staple dose of traffic although these days it is advised that you should target other websites, blogs, social networking websites, three article directories, online directories, and online forums too.
You need to make your website search engine friendly and properly communicate to their algorithms what key phrases and keywords are important to your website, in order to derive maximum traffic from various search engines. Let us quickly go through a few steps that can help you make search engines fall in love with your website.
Write for the people and not just for the search engines: Some people have this misconception that you need to manipulate text in order to rank well on the search engines; partially this is true but most often it is not. The best way to fair well in the search engines is to write and organise your content in such a manner that it is best suited to human reading. The more human-friendly content you have the more search engine friendly content you have. The search engines will favour relevant, well-organised content so that they can present quality results to their search engine users. (more…)
These basic search engine optimization (SEO) strategies for all bloggers can help to increase your blog rankings on major search engines. Follow them routinely, and you will achieve consistently higher volumes of traffic to your blog.
Profitable bloggers know that search engine optimization (SEO) is an important element of optimizing their blog and how effectively they implement it determines whether they succeed in making money online or not…….
1. Multiple Website Domains for Multiple Products- More and more, people are being told to create multiple domains for the different areas of their business to create more recognition amongst search engines. WRONG! This is a bad practice for multiple reasons. First of all, it can be expensive, very time-consuming to maintain, and totally unnecessary. Second, search engines can pick up on the attempt to trick them and decrease your rankings on all pages. Also, all incoming links to all these sites are spread very thin. The best option would be to put all the time, money, effort, and link-building into one site and reap the benefits of having a stream-lined, collaborative site.
2. Loading Meta Tags With Keywords- These are special HTML tags that provide information about a Web page. Unlike, normal HTML tags, meta tags do not affect formatting but provide hidden information like keywords and author information. Ten years ago, when the Web was gaining popularity, meta tags were used frequently by developers to let search engines know what subjects were on their sites. In the last few years, due to abusive practices, this form of SEO is now ignored completely by most major search engines.
3. Submitting URLs to Multiple Search Engines- Most Web sites are found whether they want to be or not. Even if you do not have one incoming link to your site, chances are that there is a search spider that will find your site. Although they might find the site, it doesn’t mean that it will help rank your site even if your URL is submitted to the search engine. The only type of search engine that you must submit your URL to is a subject directory. Subject directories are search engines that manually place Web sites by category.
4. Using Keywords Abundantly- Keywords are important in the rank of your Web site, but not the sole factor. The use of keywords is recommended to be 3-6% of your page’s content. However, it has to be used in combination with other SEO efforts.
5. Having Reciprocating Links on Your Site- Links to and from related and unrelated sites are factored into page ranking. The more quality or pertinent incoming links to your site are very good ways to boost page ranking. However, a plethora of reciprocating links from unrelated sites will have the opposite effect.
6. You Don’t Need to Update Content- Strictly updating content on a regular basis may not have an effect on page ranking. However, routine maintenance to check for outdated content and broken links is mandatory. Not only will search crawlers be encouraged to roam your site more often, site visitors will want to return to your site more often for fresh information. Not only that, but it is a great way to tweak and measure your SEO efforts.
7. Flash Components are Not Recognized by Search Spiders- A Flash component on a Web site generally pertains to a graphic animation or video. It has been rumored that search engines cannot index Flash components on a site. This is simply untrue because search engines can index Flash text in the HTML. Therefore, any information included in the HTML about the movie can be indexed, therefore ranked.
8. Pay to be Listed- This is an expensive scam that some SEO newbies fall for. Although it was a more sought-after practice years ago, today it is unnecessary. There are only a handful of search engines that are used frequently and you can submit yourself if you really want to. However, as noted in Myth # 2, URL submission is really not that helpful anyway. Save your money!
9. You Must Resubmit Your URL- Not true. Submitting links is time-consuming and not all that helpful anymore. Having to resubmit your link on a regular basis is just an extra step that isn’t needed. The time you could save by not worrying about resubmission could be used to research how else to help your ranking.
10. Money Spent on SEO is A Waste- Are you serious? Many corporations and small businesses alike have a hard time appropriating funds for search engine optimization strategy. It is justified in the minds of business owners and senior marketing professionals that money spent on traditional media like direct mail, print ads, and television commercials drive in mostly untargeted, general traffic to your site. Search engines drive people that are already looking for your products. How can that be an unimportant practice?
Author: Heather Jewel